“ What does a Champagne brand ambassador do? ”

Gary C. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Nicolas B. Global Ambassadors Manager - Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, Pernod Ricard - Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët

10/08/2016
23/08/2016
Champagne Brand Ambassador, South Africa, Pernod Ricard

Hi Gary!

In a nutshell, a champagne brand ambassador's role is to spread his/her passion about the brand and category among well targeted stakeholders and consumers, so that they become themselves ambassadors of the brand.

This can be achieved through education to customers and consumers about the champagne as a category, and about the brands in particular. Concretely, you organize and host educative experiences such as champagne "masterclass", tastings, dinners, exclusive events to influencers and/or HNWI to help build awareness.

As a brand ambassador you also represent the brand in all touch-points, including medias, which means you can be interviewed regularly to speak about your brand and category on radio, TV, etc.

I hope this helps !
Cheers,
Sixtine

23/08/2016
Gary C.

That sounds incredible, thanks a lot for the reply! Does this mean you suddenly have to be a Champagne expert to anticipate questions, like on the radio and TV like you say, but also anywhere else such as events?

06/09/2016

Hi Gary,

Pernod Ricard offers full weeks of trainings in the champagne region in France to give you all the elements needed to become a "champagne expert". And when you start building a knowledge about your product, you become and more curious to ready and learn !

The questions on radio and on TV are never too hard to answer. You can always ask the media to send it in advance to prepare properly (asking help of colleagues etc.). You also have to be aware of your brand and its strategy, so it is important to be up to date about it. As a brand ambassador you have to share your knowledge, but also the brand message (you also have a comprehensive training about it).

Hope that helps !

Cheers :)
Sixtine

06/09/2016
Gary C.

Hi Sixtine, thank you so much for your reply, the training sounds delightful (especially in the Champagne region)!

20/09/2016

Hey Gary ! You're welcome :) If you need more details about this training, you can ask Nicolas B. who is managing the Mumm, Perrier-Jouet and Martell graduate program. Cheers ! Sixtine

People invited to join the discussion:

Global Ambassadors Manager - Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, Pernod Ricard - Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët
10/01/2017
Alana F.

Hi there, I temped at LVMH last year as a PA and have now evaluated my passions and work history and have decided to try to get back into LVMH. However, I'm curious what specific qualifications/experience I would need in order to become a brand ambassador? Do you know?

28/02/2017

HI Alana, it is better to have an experience in the W&S industry to become a MMPJ Brand ambassador. The profiles are very diverse: some of us have sales & marketing backgrounds, other come from hospitality.
If you want more details about the recruitment of Brand Ambassadors, I would advise you to contact Celine T. or Nicolas B.
Have a great day !

People invited to join the discussion:

Global Ambassadors Manager - Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, Pernod Ricard - Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët
HR Development Manager, Pernod Ricard - Martell Mumm Perrier Jouët
31/01/2018
Charlotte F.

Hello
I am utterly desperate to become a brand ambassador for champagne. I went to equine college and whilst there spent time watching them in the vineyards lighting little fires bubble wrapping grapes etc. I learnt as much as I could and it's an absolute art form that not enough people appreciate. The technique of making champagne is so incredible and the people behind the brands are so dedicated I would do anything to be part of this world. I am based in the UK and I used to speak a little conversational French which I know I'll need to brush up on. Have you got any tips on how to start looking for a job learning more and educating others for a champagne house?

Add to this thread

Pernod Ricard

Pernod Ricard is the world’s n°2 in wines and spirits with consolidated Sales of € 8,558 million in 2014/15. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008). Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, Mumm and Perrier- Jouët champagnes, as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Kenwood wines. Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of approximately 18,000 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 80 “Market Companies” established in each key market. Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption. Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard is listed on Euronext (Ticker: RI; ISIN code: FR0000120693) and is part of the CAC 40 index.

Visit website